Nothing screams fall more than cheesecake filled pumpkins! And yes, you can bake a cheesecake inside a pumpkin. Not only does the cheesecake bake up perfectly but you can serve it by the big spoonful or cut the pumpkin cheesecake into wedges making sure to eat the subtly sweet pumpkin flesh alongside the cheesecake.
Food Waste Tip: While your cheesecake is chilling, roast your pumpkin seeds and serve as a garnish with your pumpkin cheesecake.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkins
- 1 mini pie pumpkin about 5×5 inches
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: whipped cream for serving
- 1/4 cup 35% whipping cream whipped
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut the top off the pumpkin to create a pumpkin bowl. Scoop out all the seeds and stringy bits making sure the inside walls are scraped (save seeds for roasting).
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and yolks until incorporated.
- Add in pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to cream cheese mixture and continue to mix until smooth.
- Transfer cheesecake filling into the pumpkin and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Cool then place in fridge to cool completely.
- Top cheesecake with maple syrup sweetened whipped cream.
Photography by Ryan Hegarty.
Love this idea? Be sure to check out my other waste-free tips here!