My turkey curry recipe is a great way to spice up leftover holiday turkey! Simple and quick recipe that is packed with flavor. For more of my leftover turkey ideas, click here.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- Optional Garnish: 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or basil ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey shredded or cubed
- 1 400ml can full fat coconut milk
- 1 540ml can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup green beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- ½ yellow pepper diced
- ½ orange pepper diced
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- Optional: 10-12 dried curry leaves
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion diced
- In a large saucepot, over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic, and ginger to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, garam masala, cumin, coriander, dried curry leaves (if using) turmeric, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Cook until combined and spices are toasted and fragrant.
- Stir in green beans, cauliflower and peppers. Pour over tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a simmer, for about 5 minutes
- Stir in turkey and bring to simmer until turkey is heated through. Taste and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve hot, over top of rice or grains and garnish if you like.
Photograph by Ryan Hegarty.
For more information on food waste prevention in your kitchen, go to lovefoodhatewaste.ca
CategoriesMeat & Poultry