Let the fridge do all the work with these easy overnight oats. Oatmeal has always been a great way to use up pantry staples, nuts and seeds, and a mishmash of fruit and berries, fresh frozen or past their prime. Here is my basic recipe for fruity overnight oats that you can adapt to whatever fruit you have on hand.
Fruity Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup large flaked oats
- 2/3 cup milk or plant based beverage of choice unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries or other fruit chopped if necessary
- Pinch salt
- 1-2 Tbso honey or maple syrup optional or to taste
Optional Add Ins
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1. Stir all ingredients together in a bowland divide in sealed serving containers.
- 2. Let sit overnight in fridge.