Let the fridge do all the work with these easy overnight oats. Oatmeal has always been a great way to use up pantry staples, nuts and seeds, and a mishmash of fruit and berries, fresh frozen or past their prime. Here is my basic recipe that you can adapt to whatever fruit you have on hand.
Fruity Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup large flaked oats
- 2/3 cup milk or plant based beverage of choice unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries or other fruit chopped if necessary
- Pinch salt
- 1-2 Tbso honey or maple syrup optional or to taste
Optional Add Ins
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1. Stir all ingredients together in a bowland divide in sealed serving containers.
- 2. Let sit overnight in fridge.