Finally, the perfect recipe for a cauliflower crust that you can actually pick up and eat with your hands.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozarella or cheese of choice
- Pinch salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F, line pizza pan, and line baking sheet or cast iron pan.
- Steam florets of cauliflower over boiling salted water until tender.
- Transfer to food processor and pulse until you have a rice like consistency.
- Once cool enough to handle, wrap in clean tea towel, twisting ends and squeezing out as much excess liquid as possible. This takes some muscle but you should get about 1/2 cup of liquid to release.
- In a large bowl mix drained cauliflower with remaining ingredients to form a your cauliflower pizzd dough.
- With fingers, press dough onto lined pan and bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and increase oven temperature to 450°F. While oven is heating up, top crust with your favourite pizza toppings and then bake again until cheese is bubbling, about 7-10 minutes.