Stop collecting all those bottles of salad dressings in your fridge door. When was the last time you even checked their expiry dates? From compound salads to simply dressed greens, this is my number one go-to salad dressing. It takes less than 5 minutes to make, and quite honestly, it is better than anything I have bought on a store shelf.
Classic French Vinaigrette
- 1/2 clove garlic pureed
- 1 T Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Pinch salt
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped optional
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together with garlic, mustard, vinegar, and salt. With a small whisk or fork, slowly whisk in oil to form a nice creamy emulsified dressing.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Stir in minced shallot if using