Everyone loves a good Caesar salad and making your own is easier and tastier than you think. Here is my classic Caesar dressing that uses up egg yolks, Parm, a few anchovies and the additional simple twist of adding tequila and lime. Perfect for entertaining: break out the tequila!
You can serve this as a dip or a dressing by adjusting the amount of oil you add. Less oil will make a thicker dip for a veggie or charcuterie plate, more oil will create a looser dressing.
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2-4 anchovies to taste
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp freshly ground Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- splash tequila
- 1/2 cup neutral flavored oil like grapeseed or canola
- Pinch salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients except oil, salt, and pepper into a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to break up ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, more lime juice, or tequila!
- With blender or processor on, drizzle in oil to create a nice emulsified creamy dressing, adding more oil if needed to adjust consistency
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, more lime juice, or tequila!