Yes, you can have a super creamy dressing or dip without adding ANY oil, eggs, cheese, or cream.
This recipe uses hemp seeds and nutritional yeast blended together to create its creaminess. What is nutritional yeast you ask? This amazing dairy-free cheese alternative was introduced to me by my vegan friends. They love it because of its high vitamin B content. It looks like larger flaked grated Parmesan and has the slightly salty and nutty profiles of Parmesan. My kids love it so I can easily swap it for cheese in certain recipes. It also lasts longer than freshly grated Parmesan and is cheaper. Try it sprinkled on popcorn.
Creamy Oil Free Vegan Dressing
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped soft herbs like oregano or basil
- In a blender or food processor add all ingredients except chopped herbs. Pulse or process until you have a nice thick creamy dressing. Add more water if necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and stir in oregano.