Yes, you can have a super creamy dressing or dip without adding ANY oil, eggs, cheese, or cream.
My Creamy Oil-Free Vegan Dressing recipe uses hemp seeds and nutritional yeast blended together to create its creaminess. What is nutritional yeast you ask? This amazing dairy-free cheese alternative was introduced to me by my vegan friends. They love it because of its high vitamin B content. It looks like larger flaked grated Parmesan and has the slightly salty and nutty profiles of Parmesan. My kids love it so I can easily swap it for cheese in certain recipes. It also lasts longer than freshly grated Parmesan and is cheaper. Try it sprinkled on popcorn.
Creamy Oil Free Vegan Dressing
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped soft herbs like oregano or basil
- In a blender or food processor add all ingredients except chopped herbs. Pulse or process until you have a nice thick creamy dressing. Add more water if necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and stir in oregano.