Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Oil to lightly coat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Seasonings: sweet chili powder garlic powder, turmeric, ground cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne, all to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Dunk the seeds in a large bowl of water and pull off the guts with your hands, seeds will float to the top. Place on clean tea towel and pat dry.
- Transfer the seeds to a bowl and drizzle with a little oil, just enough to coat. Using your hands, massage the seeds with the oil, salt, pepper and any other optional add-ins.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and stir, bake again for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Seeds will get crispier as they cool.
Photograph by Ryan Hegarty.
CategoriesWaste Free Tips