My roasted seeds are the perfect addition to any salad, or enjoy them as a nice afternoon snack. This recipe is easy-to-make, and you can use pumpkin or squash seeds — or both!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Oil to lightly coat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Seasonings: sweet chili powder garlic powder, turmeric, ground cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne, all to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Dunk the seeds in a large bowl of water and pull off the guts with your hands, seeds will float to the top. Place on clean tea towel and pat dry.
- Transfer the seeds to a bowl and drizzle with a little oil, just enough to coat. Using your hands, massage the seeds with the oil, salt, pepper and any other optional add-ins.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and stir, bake again for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Seeds will get crispier as they cool.
Have any pumpkin or squash leftovers laying around? Check out my Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe and Mini Squashes Stuffed with Quinoa and Greens recipe for some delicious new ways to use your leftovers.
Photograph by Ryan Hegarty.