Uses Up: egg noodles, green beans, peanut butter, nut or seed butters.
Mmm… who doesn’t love noodles with a spicy peanut sauce? This is a simple, spicy noodle and green bean recipe that everybody will love. This peanut sauce has the perfect combination of salty, spicy, and not-too-sweet flavors.
I strongly suggest doubling the peanut sauce recipe so you can have it another night – maybe as a dip for fresh spring rolls or a veggie platter! If you love this peanut sauce as much as I do, try it as an ingredient in future soups, stews, or marinades.
Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Zest and juice of half a lime
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp tahini paste
- 1 Tbsp unsalted peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chili oil or paste or to taste
- Sugar (optional) to taste
For the Noodles
- 2 handfuls trimmed green beans or cooked (blanched) green beans
- 8 oz uncooked thin egg noodles or about 4 cups cooked thin egg noodles
- Lime wedges
- 1⁄4 cup toasted nuts or seeds
- 1⁄4 cup crispy soybeans
- 2–3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint, cilantro, basil, or Thai basil
- 1 thinly sliced chili pepper
- 1–2 cup cooked tofu, cubed
- For the Peanut Sauce: Place all of the peanut sauce ingredients in a blender and mix well, or whisk them in a bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed with more lime juice, chili oil, or sugar.
- For the Noodles: If the green beans are uncooked, simmer them in boiling salted water for 2 minutes—you don’t want them mushy. Drain and set aside.If the noodles are not cooked, cook according to the package instructions and drain and return to the pot. If the noodles are leftover and cold, transfer them to a saucepot over medium heat with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and heat until noodle sare loosened and the water is absorbed.
- Add the peanut sauce to the noodles and stir until incorporated. Fold in the green beans and cooked proteins (if using) to warm through.
- If desired, garnish with something crispy, something fresh, and maybe something spicy.
I hope you enjoy my Noodles with a Spicy Peanut Sauce just as much as I do! For more recipes, check out my other recipes here, and follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more tips, tricks and exclusive content!