I have been experimenting with eating very low and sometimes no sugar/high-fat foods recently. This way of eating is more widely known as The Keto Diet. Since I am not a fan of using the word “diet” when it comes to eating, I prefer using the term “lifestyle.”
One easy keto loaf recipe with 3 fruity twists that will get you through breakfast, lunch or… dessert!
Making a couple of these loaves, pre-slicing them and storing them in the freezer, has saved me from some very luring carb-binging on busy workdays. Also, a slice helps to satisfy those mentally ingrained bread comfort cravings.
Keto Loaf 3 Ways
- 7 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 drops stevia optional
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C. Grease loaf pan with coconut, butter or olive oil then line with 1 strip of parchment. This is a dense and sticky dough so this will ensure clean removal.
- Melt your butter with coconut oil in a small sauce pot and set aside to cool slightly. Stir in stevia if using.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs well for a few minutes until fully incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, xanthan, baking powder, and salt.
- Add melted butter/oil mix in a slow steady stream while whisking eggs to prevent any curdling. Add dry mixture to wetmixture and stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and remove for pan once cooled slightly.
For Lemon Blueberry:
Omit liquid stevia and add ½ tsp powdered stevia, 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract, and the zest of one lemon into wet ingredients. Once Batter is combined stir in 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh wild blueberries.
For Strawberry Rhubarb:
Omit liquid stevia and add ½ tsp powdered stevia, and 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract into wet ingredients. Once the batter is combined fold in 3/4 cup chopped strawberries and 3/4 cup chopped rhubarb
If you enjoyed my keto loaf recipe, be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram. For more recipes, be sure to check out my website often as I’m always releasing new zero-waste tips and recipes.