I have been experimenting with eating very low and sometimes no sugar/high-fat foods recently. This way of eating is more widely known as The Keto Diet. Since I am not a fan of using the word “diet” when it comes to eating, I prefer using the term “lifestyle”.
One easy keto loaf recipe with 3 fruity twists that will get you through breakfast, lunch or… dessert!
Making a couple of these loaves, pre-slicing them and storing them in the freezer, has saved me from some very luring carb-binging on busy workdays. Also, a slice helps to satisfy those mentally ingrained bread comfort cravings.
Keto Loaf 3 Ways
- 7 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 drops stevia optional
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C. Grease loaf pan with coconut, butter or olive oil then line with 1 strip of parchment. This is a dense and sticky dough so this will ensure clean removal.
- Melt your butter with coconut oil in a small sauce pot and set aside to cool slightly. Stir in stevia if using.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs well for a few minutes until fully incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, xanthan, baking powder, and salt.
- Add melted butter/oil mix in a slow steady stream while whisking eggs to prevent any curdling. Add dry mixture to wetmixture and stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and remove for pan once cooled slightly.
For Lemon Blueberry:
Omit liquid stevia and add ½ tsp powdered stevia, 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract, and the zest of one lemon into wet ingredients. Once Batter is combined stir in 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh wild blueberries.
For Strawberry Rhubarb:
Omit liquid stevia and add ½ tsp powdered stevia, and 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract into wet ingredients. Once the batter is combined fold in 3/4 cup chopped strawberries and 3/4 cup chopped rhubarb