Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic, Ginger, and Sesame
- 1 lb. trimmed green beans
- 1 Tbsp oil of choice
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- Pinch salt
- pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp raw sesame seeds
- Blanch (boil) beans in large pot of boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain well and place beans on dry clean kitchen towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add in oil, then garlic and ginger. Soften slightly, for a few seconds, being careful not to burn.
- Add in dry beans, toss to coat in garlicy ginger flavoured oil and let heat through for a few minutes. Plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.