These show-stopping puff pastry tarts are super easy to make and the perfect canvas for seasonal produce like ASPARAGUS.
But wait… Bonne Maman strawberry jam & asparagus? Yes! These two pair so well together you will be absolutely amazed at the way the flavours compliment each other, and mom will be too! The flakiness of the pastry, nuttiness of the cheese, crunchiness of the asparagus and fruitfulness of the jam have created the perfect treat to serve for the most important woman in your life (or for yourself, but I won’t tell).
Asparagus, Gruyere and Strawberry Tart
- 1 397g pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tbsp Bonne Maman strawberry jam plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and cut in half
- Salt and pepper for taste
- A handful of microgreens such a radish or basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or compostable parchment paper.
- On a floured surface roll out puff pastry (if not pre-rolled) into a square or rectangle about 12- x 12- inches. Using a pizza cutter or knife trim about 1/2 inch of pastry around edges and fold over the outer edge to create a frame. Place back in the fridge while you prepare the remaining ingredients or waiting for the oven to come to temperature.
- With a pastry brush, brush surface and edges of puff pastry lightly with egg wash then with a light coating of Bonne Maman strawberry jam.
- Sprinkle with Gruyere and cut asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and asparagus is tender. Let cool for 5 minutes before adding a handful of fresh microgreens and a drizzle of more jam if desired. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out Bonne Maman for more information about them & their commitment to making great products.
Puff pastry tarts photo by Ryan Hegarty.
Enjoy this recipe? Be sure to check out our other Bonne Maman recipes.
This post is sponsored by @BonneMaman_ca. I only write about things I love and my words and thoughts are 100% my own.