If you’re feeling adventurous in the kitchen why not try making your own red curry paste? This Thai Style Red Curry Paste encompasses all the spicy and fragrant flavours you would want in a red curry while the Intense Strawberry Spread helps to balance out the heat. Firstly, all of the ingredients can be thrown in a blender or food processor for an instant paste making it super easy. Secondly, it’s both vegan & waste friendly.
Uses Up: Strawberry condiments, red bell pepper, chili peppers, lemongrass
Red Curry Paste with Strawberry
- blender or food processor
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 stalks lemongrass root and tip trimmed, chopped
- 2-4 red hot chili peppers to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh turmeric or 1 tsp ground turmeric
- zest and juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/2 cup diced onions or shallots or 6 chopped green onions
- 2-3 Tbsp neutral flavored oil
- 3 Tbsp Bonne Maman Intense strawberry spread
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Store curry paste in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. For longer storage, transfer paste to a freezer safe container for up to 1 month.
- Use paste in curries, or add a spoonful or two to spice up soups, sauces, salad dressings and more.
This post was sponsored by Bonne Maman. I only write about things I love and are passionate about. My thoughts are 100% my own.
Photo By http://www.ryanhegarty.ca , Food Styling by Christine Tizzard