If you lover curry and you’re feeling adventurous in the kitchen why not try making your own red curry paste? This Thai Style Red Curry Paste I keep making over and over again, and not just for curries! I will add a spoonful in a soup to spice it up or I use it as a marinade for shrimp before grilling or tofu before searing. This paste encompasses all the spicy and fragrant flavours you would want in a red curry while the Intense Strawberry Spread helps to balance out the heat. Firstly, all of the ingredients can be thrown in a blender or food processor for an instant paste making it super easy. Secondly, it’s both vegan & waste friendly.
Uses Up: Strawberry condiments, red bell pepper, chili peppers, lemongrass
Red Curry Paste with Strawberry
- blender or food processor
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 stalks lemongrass root and tip trimmed, chopped
- 2-4 red hot chili peppers to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh turmeric or 1 tsp ground turmeric
- zest and juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/2 cup diced onions or shallots or 6 chopped green onions
- 2-3 Tbsp neutral flavored oil
- 3 Tbsp Bonne Maman Intense strawberry spread
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Store curry paste in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. For longer storage, transfer paste to a freezer safe container for up to 1 month.
- Use paste in curries, or add a spoonful or two to spice up soups, sauces, salad dressings and more.
This post was sponsored by Bonne Maman. I only write about things I love and are passionate about. My thoughts are 100% my own.
Photo By http://www.ryanhegarty.ca , Food Styling by Christine Tizzard