This flavour boosting all-purpose apricot marinade is not only good for tenderizing meat and poultry…but also great with tofu. While this is a great base marinade, it can be altered to whatever spices you have on hand or what you are cooking. Apricot marinade is so versatile, you can switch it up to whatever cuisine you’re interested in.
If tex-mex is what you are after, add in some Mexican spices like cumin, chili powder and lime zest.
If you want more of a Moroccan feel, add in turmeric, smoked paprika, coriander and ginger.
All Purpose Apricot Marinade
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 3 Tbsp Bonne Maman Intense Apricot Spread
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, grated with its juices
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice (especially good with meat)
- 2 Tbsp Freshly chopped hardy herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a recycled jam jar or reusable container with a lid and shake.
This post was sponsored by Bonne Maman. I only write about things I love and are passionate about. My thoughts are 100% my own..