This is a really exceptional bundt cake recipe with a cardamom, raspberry and rose flavored twist. Everyone will be delighted to have a nice thick slice of this served up with an afternoon tea. Glazes are super simple to make and a welcome addition to any loaf, muffin, scone or cake.
Spiced Cardamom Streusel Bundt Cake
- bundt cake pan
For the Streusel Filling
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground almonds or almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
For the Batter
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Raspberry Rose Glaze
- 2 tsp rose water
- 3 Tbsp low sugar raspberry spread such as Bonne Maman Intense Raspberry Spread
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease you bundt pan on all sides and grooves and also dust with a little flour and sugar (just to guarantee easy release).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the brown sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg for the streusel filling, set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one after another and mix well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In another large bowl, stir together flour with baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, mix the milk and sour cream together.
- Beat in the flour mix alternating with the milk/sour cream mixture into the batter until just combined.
- Divide the batter into thirds. Add 1/3 of the batter to bottom of greased bundt pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the spiced streusel mixture. Add another layer of batter, making sure to spread evenly to edges of pan. A knife or back of spoon works well. Sprinkle again with 1/3 of the streusel mix and then finish with remaining batter, spreading out evenly. Reserve 1/3 of the streusel topping for garnish after glazing. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down in the pan for about 15 minutes, then carefully remove and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, in a pourable measuring cup, stir together the rose water and raspberry spread, then, in additions, stir in the icing sugar until you have a thick but pourable glaze. Drizzle overtop cooled bundt cake.