I love a good vinaigrette and all the ways you can change them up so they never get boring. For instance, this is my wild blueberry take of the classic French vinaigrette from my cookbook, Honest to Goodness. Also it is a really great way to start incorporating condiments into your cooking repertoire. Here, a few spoonfuls of wild blueberry spread stirred into a simple salad dressing adds colour and wild blueberry flavour.
Try my Wild Blueberry Vinaigrette recipe on salad greens, roasted veggies, or your next grain bowl.
Uses Up: Wild blueberry preserves or spread, Dijon mustard, fresh herbs, shallots
Wild Blueberry Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Intense Spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin or other oil of choice
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs of choice such as oregano, basil, tarragon, etc.
- In a small bowl or jam jar, combine all ingredients, except oil, with a small whisk or fork.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until you have a thick vinaigrette.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning with more salt, pepper, vinegar, or wild blueberry spread.
Be sure to check out my other salad dressing recipes here.
This post was sponsored by Bonne Maman. I only write about things I love and are passionate about. My thoughts are 100% my own.